VBS is a type of malware that uses a Windows Scripting Host (WSH) to bypass security and execute malicious code on a computer. This article will show you how to disable or remove VBS from your system, as well as improve game performance.
VBS is a vulnerability that can cause crashes and freezes. Here are the steps to disable it in Windows 11.
Claudiu Andone is a writer who lives in Romania.
Expert in Windows and Software
Claudiu, a veteran of the computer and scientific press, is focused on everything fresh from Microsoft. His sudden interest in computers began when he was a child and saw the first Home Computer. However, his… Continue reading
- VBS seems to have a 25% negative impact on game performance on Windows 11.
- VBS stands for Virtualization-Based Security, and it’s a hardware virtualization-based security feature.
- If you’re running Windows 11 in a virtual environment, several of the methods below aren’t advised.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Despite the fact that Windows 11’s new gaming features received a lot of attention, our readers found that a security feature in this OS actually hampers gaming performance.
We’re talking about VBS, a virtualization security feature in Windows 11 that may delay your games by up to 25%, which is a significant amount if you’re a gamer looking for a few more frames per second.
The issue is complicated since this component provides essential security against assaults while also causing significant damage to gameplay.
What is the purpose of VBS?
Virtualization-Based Security (VBS) is a feature that utilizes hardware virtualization capabilities to protect and isolate portion of the memory from the operating system.
Other security solutions, such as Memory integrity or Kernel mode code integrity, are operated in virtual mode by Windows to avoid malicious assaults.
This function isn’t new, and it’s also included in Windows 10, so we’re familiar with how to use it.
How can I turn off VBS on Windows 11?
1. Memory integrity should be disabled.
- From the Taskbar, choose the Search icon, enter core isolation, and select the option from the results.
- Now, under the Core isolation section, turn off the Memory integrity option.
- For the update to take effect, restart your computer.
2. Make use of the Editor for Local Group Policies.
- To open Run, hit Windows key + R, type gpedit.msc, and then press Enter or click OK.
- Take the following route: Computer Policy at the Local Level Configuration of the Computer Templates for Administration Device Guard for the System
- Turn on Virtualization Based Security by double-clicking it.
- After selecting Disabled, click Apply and OK.
3. Disable the virtualization features in Windows.
- From the Taskbar, click the Search icon, enter windows features, and then choose Turn Windows features on or off.
- Make sure Windows Hypervisor Platform, Virtual Machine Platform, and Microsoft Defender Application Guard are unchecked from the list.
- To make the modifications take effect, restart your computer.
4. Make use of the Command Prompt
- From the Taskbar, press the Search button, enter cmd, and then choose Run as administrator from the list of options.
- To execute the command, type it and then hit Enter: /set hypervisorlaunchtype off bcdedit
5. In the BIOS, disable Intel Virtualization Technology.
- Go to the BIOS menu. For various systems, there are numerous methods to enter BIOS, although it generally involves hitting the F (function) key or Del before starting the OS.
- Change the option from Enabled to Disabled on the Advanced tab.
- BIOS should be saved and exited. It’s typically done by hitting the F10 key on your keyboard, although your BIOS may dictate otherwise.
We hope that our methods enabled you to deactivate VBS on Windows 11 and that you are now able to play your games without restrictions.
As you may have observed, our solutions effectively stop virtualization technology, thus if you’re operating Windows 11 in a virtual machine, the processes will prevent you from doing so.
As a result, if you installed the new OS on a virtual machine, don’t utilize these methods since your virtual system would become useless.
If you just want to try Windows 11 before purchasing it as your main operating system, see our article on how to install it on a virtual computer.
Send us a message in the dedicated comments area below if you have any additional queries or concerns.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Device Guard is a security feature that was introduced with Windows 10. The disable device guard allows users to disable the VBS in Windows 11 and improve game performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to disable VBS in Windows 11?
To disable VBS in Windows 11, you will need to go to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options Create a new DWORD value called DisableVBScript Set its value to 1 Reboot your computer
What is VBS in Windows 11?
VBS stands for Visual Basic Script. It is a programming language that allows users to create applications and scripts that can run on Windows computers.
How to check if VBS is on Windows 11?
If you are using Windows 11, you can check if VBS is on your computer by going to the start menu and typing VBS in the search bar.
- virtualization-based security windows 10
- disable virtualization based security vmware
- powercli enable vbs
- should i enable virtualization-based security
- enable virtualization based security esxi