Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly set to offer a £200 million ($260m) deal for Barcelona’s Ousmane Dembele if they fail in their pursuit of Kylian Mbappe.
PSG will be looking to replace the player if he leaves. They have been linked with players such as Lewandowski, Vlahovic and Mbappe.
Discover all of the key transactions and see how we rated the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here is the most recent rumor and gossip.
PSG is looking for Haaland and Lewandowski.
Paris Saint-Germain has continued to prepare for the departure of Kylian Mbappe, with Erling Haaland, Robert Lewandowski, and Dusan Vlahovic on the short list of potential replacements.
Due to the lack of movement on a new contract between PSG and Mbappe, Le 10 Sport claims that sporting director Leonardo has compiled a three-man priority list of candidates that the Ligue 1 club would pursue if Mbappe leaves.
The first on the list is Haaland, who is expected to demand a high fee from PSG in exchange for his services. If that fails, Leonardo has selected Bayern Munich’s Lewandowski as the next best possibility to replace Mbappe.
Should the Bayern striker depart the Bundesliga, he is said to prefer a transfer to Real Madrid, who are also in the battle for Mbappe’s signing, leaving Fiorentina’s Vlahovic as the last choice on the shortlist.
With Mbappe’s contract due to expire next summer, there may be movement in January if PSG hopes to secure a large transfer price for one of football’s most sought-after players.
If Mbappe leaves, PSG is interested in signing some big Bundesliga players. Getty Images/ANDREAS GEBERT/POOL/AFP
– ESPN+ viewers’ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more – ESPN+ viewers’ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more – On ESPN+, you can watch ESPN FC Daily (U.S. only)
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– Contract negotiations between Barcelona and Ansu Fati have stalled, with the player’s agency insisting on a two-year extension. According to El Nacional, the Catalan club is eager to sign the 18-year-old to a long-term contract deal. The promising prospect is handled by Jorge Mendes, who was said to be selling his client to teams throughout Europe last month, but the parties seem to have reached a deadlock in the talks.
– According to the Star, if Manchester United is in championship contention at the start of the new year, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be given a £70 million transfer boost. The board wants to support the present manager as they try to win the league, and they want to add to their summer acquisitions to strengthen the team even further. After losing 4-2 to Leicester City on Saturday, the Red Devils are now five points off the top of the league.
– AS Roma is close to re-signing three midfielders, with Lorenzo Pellegrini, Ebrima Darboe, and Jordan Veretout all expected to sign new contracts at the Stadio Olimpico. According to Calciomercato, Darboe, a 20-year-old defensive midfielder, is on the verge of being named, with manager Jose Mourinho pleased.
– Nicolo Schira confirms that Internazionale will meet with Marcelo Brozovic’s agents shortly to finalize a new contract for the Croatian international. The parties have reportedly agreed on a contract extension until 2025, with just pay expectations and incentives still to be finalized before the Serie A club can formally publish the new terms.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Chelsea had the chance to sign Gianluigi Donnarumma as a free agent in the summer, but instead chose to stick with Edouard Mendy. Mendy, 29, was a standout performance in Chelsea’s 1-0 victory against Brentford on Saturday, and has established himself as one of the greatest shot-stoppers in the Premier League since joining from Stade Rennais last year. Donnarumma, on the other hand, joined PSG after many years with AC Milan.
PSG are set to go after Kylian Mbappe if he leaves. They have been linked with the likes of Robert Lewandowski, Mario Mandzukic and Nikola Vlaovic. Reference: kylian mbappe.
- lewandowski transfer news
- ronaldo to psg
- mbappe transfer
- mbappe stats
- erling haaland transfer news