The TCL Roku Recovery Mode is a special mode that lets you change your device to factory default settings. This can be helpful if there are issues with the device, or just want to start fresh! Here’s how it works.
The “tcl roku tv reset button” is a quick and easy way to get your Roku TV back in working order. The process can be done without any special tools or skills, so anyone with basic knowledge of electronics should be able to do it.
We earn money from qualifying purchases made on our website as an Amazon Associate. If you buy anything via our website’s links, we may receive a small commission from Amazon or other affiliate programs. For additional information, please read our full affiliate disclosure/TOS.
When a Roku TV enters recovery mode, most owners are unsure what to do. The goal of this post is to assist you in resolving your Roku TV recovery mode problem.
What Is The Best Way To Get My TCL TV Out Of Recovery Mode?
Several Roku TV users find themselves trapped on the recovery mode screen, unsure of how to continue viewing their favorite TV shows.
The recovery mode window appears for some users after restarting the TV, while for others it appears after software upgrades.
In addition, a number of Roku TV customers are trapped in the recovery mode loop and are unable to fix the issue since the TV continues to display the screen even after restarting the device.
So, what’s the best way to get the TV out of recovery mode? Continue reading to learn about some of the most popular solutions.
1. Perform a soft reset
A soft reset is one of the simplest and most straightforward ways for removing your TV from recovery mode.
More than simply turning on and off the TV with a physical button or remote control will be needed here.
Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Turn off the television.
Remove the power cable from the mains socket while the TV is still turned on. Reconnect the TV cable to the socket after approximately 60 seconds.
Step 2: Switch on the television.
Restart your TV and modem to see whether the recovery mode problem has been addressed.
Use your remote control to attempt the soft reset if the Roku TV is still stuck in recovery mode.
Press the “Home” button 5 times on the remote control, then the “Up” button 1 time, “Rewind” button 2 times, and “Fast Forward” button 2 times. Check to see whether the issue has been fixed.
2. Replace the Batteries
Another issue that may send your Roku TV into recovery mode is a malfunctioning TV remote.
The Roku TV remote may have run out of batteries if the TV can’t get out of recovery mode despite pushing multiple buttons on the remote control. Check to see whether the issue has been resolved by replacing the old remote batteries with fresh ones.
3. Hard Reset The Television
Hard resetting your TV may assist if it is still stuck in recovery mode. To do a hard reset on your Roku TV, follow the instructions below:
- Start by disconnecting the TV from the outlet.
- For approximately 30 seconds, press and hold the physical power button on the TV.
- Wait approximately 30 minutes after releasing the power button.
- Reconnect the TV to the power source.
- Check to see whether the recovery mode is enabled by turning on the television.
If the issue persists, use the steps outlined below to search the internet.
4. Examine Your Internet Connection
If you’re still in recovery mode after following the techniques above, it’s possible you’re using a shaky internet connection.
You may test this by listening to music online using your laptop or smartphone, such as on YouTube.
If the music plays without a hitch, the issue isn’t with your internet connection. If the music plays only sometimes, you’ll need to contact your Internet Service Provider to fix the issue.
After that, you may restart the TV, rejoin to a network, and see whether the problem has been addressed. If the issue continues, your TCL TV may need to be factory reset.
5. Reset Your TCL TV to Factory Settings
Follow the instructions below to factory reset your TCL TV:
- On the back of the Roku TV, look for the reset button.
- To reset the TV, press and hold the reset button for approximately 30 seconds.
- Unplug the TV from the power outlet after the reset is complete.
- Now, when connecting your TV back in, press the reset button and release it when the TV comes on.
- Install the Roku device.
6. Reset the TCL television
If none of the other ways work, try this reset to reclaim your Roku TV.
- On the back of the TV, press the reset button.
- Continue pressing the reset button until a solid white light shows on the power button.
- Release the reset button once the solid white light shows.
- Hold down the power button until the TV turns on.
- Set up your television
If none of the techniques mentioned above succeed in bringing your TCL TV out of recovery mode, contact Roku TV customer service for assistance. You may also seek a repair or replacement if the TV is still under warranty.
Without a remote, how do you reset a TCL Roku TV?
To reset your Roku TV without a remote, look for the reset button on the back of the device and push it to start the factory reset process.
If the reset button on the TV is not accessible, start the reset by pressing the mute and power buttons simultaneously. You may also reset the TV without using a conventional remote control by using the Roku Remote App.
How to Reset a TCL Roku TV With a Black Screen to Factory Settings
Roku TV customers seem to be more prone to the black screen issue. A broken power connection or an issue with the lighting may cause black displays. Here’s how to factory reset your television if it sometimes displays a blank screen.
Method 1: Turn on the television.
Follow the procedures below to fix the black screen by restarting the television:
- Five times press the “Home” button.
- Once, press the “Up” button.
- Double-click the “Rewind” button.
- Double-click the “Fast Forward” button.
Method 2: Reset the power
Follow the instructions below to reset your Roku TV’s power:
- With a remote control, turn off the television.
- Wait 5 minutes after unplugging the power cable.
- Reconnect the power cable.
- Check to see whether the issue has been fixed.
Method 3: Examine Your Cable Connections
As previously said, the cable connection may be weak or the cable itself could be defective. Make sure that all of the wires on the rear of your Roku TV are securely connected. If you’re utilizing HDMI cables, check sure all of your devices are up to date and that the cable is in excellent working order.
Restart Loop on TCL Roku TV
To fix a restart loop, do the following:
- Remove the TV from the wall outlet.
- For approximately 15 seconds, press and hold the power button on the television.
- Check to see whether the issue has been fixed.
Do you need a new television?
Check out the following instructions if you’re tired with your Roku TV and want to switch to a new brand:
TCL vs. LG TCL vs. Samsung TCL vs. Hisense
The “tcl roku tv restart loop” is a problem that many people have been experiencing. The quick and easy solution to the issue is to use the TCL Roku Recovery Mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I put my TCL TV in recovery mode?
A: You can perform a factory reset on your TCL TV by holding down both the Volume Up and Power button on your remote for 10 seconds.
How do I do a soft reset on my Roku?
A: You can do a soft reset by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
How do you hard reset a TCL Roku TV?
A: There are two ways to hard reset the TCL Roku TV. One way is by unplugging it for about five minutes and then plugging back in, or you can hold down both of the buttons on top at once until a warning tone sounds.
- how do i get my tcl roku tv out of recovery mode
- how to reboot roku tv
- how to reset tcl roku tv with black screen
- onn roku tv recovery mode
- how to restart tcl roku tv with remote